The 10 Golden Rules for Experiencing the Ultimate Workout
Although there is no “magic bullet” to help you lose weight, build muscles and get in shape, there are many excellent methods that if done properly, in combination with adopting a healthy lifestyle and eating a sensible diet, can be effective. Keep in mind that a diet and exercise regime that works effectively for some, doesn’t always work well for others. However, the motivation and determination to improve your body and overall health as well as the patience to accept that transformations will not happen overnight are essential to any health and fitness program.
Slimtree has consulted with our team of health and fitness experts and compiled our suggestions of the 10 ultimate workout tips. We believe these tips will help you create an ultimate workout plan in addition to enhancing your motivation, endurance and recovery time before, during and after your workout. This is, by no means, intended to be an all-inclusive list of workout tips but we’re confident that, if followed regularly, you will find them invaluable for starting and maintaining your ultimate workout plan.
1. The key to any safe and effective exercise program is moderation – listen to your body, and be careful not to overdo it!
2. Take your time and enjoy exercise—avoid making it a chore.
3. Set reasonable goals – once you’ve attained those goals, establish new ones.
4. Wear the proper attire for your chosen activity—properly fitting shoes and clothes appropriate for the climate are essential.
5. Warm up to prepare your body to exercise, even before you stretch--warming up increases your heart rate and blood flow in addition to loosening up your muscles, tendons, ligaments and joints.
6. Perform stretches slowly and carefully until you reach a point of muscle tension. Hold each stretch for approximately 10-20 seconds, and slowly and carefully release it. Inhale before each stretch and exhale as you release. Never stretch to the point of pain, always maintain control and never “bounce” as you stretch.
7. Drink enough water to prevent dehydration, heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Drink one pint of water about 15 minutes before you start exercising and another pint after you cool down. Have a drink of water every 20 minutes or so while you exercise.
8. Complete the final phase of your exercise routine with a cool-down period. This should take twice as long as the warm up. Slow your motions and lessen the intensity of your movements for at least 10 minutes before you stop completely.
9. Schedule regular days off from exercise. Many workout plans recommend three to five days of cardio and two to three days of strength training as a general guideline.
10. Rest when you're tired, feel fatigued or experience soreness or pain.
Have fun, take your time and enjoy your workout! Most importantly, consult with your physician about any exercise program to ensure that it’s safe for you.
If you have questions or need further information about creating an ultimate workout plan or other online fitness programs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.